Latest Fujifilm Quarterly Result Locked

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
TThorne
Senior MemberPosts: 2,599Gear list
Re: Latest Fujifilm Quarterly Result
In reply to rattymouse, Feb 7, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

The X cameras are a dramatic improvement over the last chapter in Fujifilm's history. But even that didnt take them into profitability. What will it take if the X's cant do it?

I think the biggest revenue stream in camera sales comes from system buyers. While I love the X100 and am sure I will love my X100S, They are one and out sales every few years. Nikon and Canon provide a system, complete from zooms, to primes, to flash systems, with all of the leading camera technology at all price points, sizes, and focal lengths.

People are constantly buying lenses, changing their minds, buying more lenses... Same with flashes.

At this time, Fuji does not come close to having that capability. They have "plans", which seem to be spotty at best as they shift around and provide little confidence, but "plans" nonetheless.

If Fuji wants to turn a profit at some point, they better start paying better attention to system users who they will get into for all manner of equipment between regular body updates every few years. I am not going to go through the exhaustive list of firmware able updates they could give us, or the lens delays. Those are already well noted.

Secondly, and I think this applies to a lot of mirrorless systems, AF tracking for sports/kids... A lot of people don't maintain multiple systems for different types of shooting, this, they buy a system that is capable all around. When AF gets fast enough, and AF tracking is actually useable, along with everything else that would make it a complete system vs the mix and match that it currently is, then I think they stand to see a profit. Not a snowball's chance in hell until then.

You'd have thought this would have become abundantly clear when they developed the S series and watched Nikon run away with all those profits.

-- hide signature --

A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill

TThorne's gear list:TThorne's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Leica M-Monochrom Leica M Typ 240 Sony Alpha 7S Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +7 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow