K5 Autofocus Malfunction Question

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Questions thread
Phixer323
Contributing MemberPosts: 658Gear list
Like?
Re: K5 Autofocus Malfunction Question-Update
In reply to Phixer323, Feb 7, 2013

I just wanted to give an update: I just picked up my camera after its repair. It took four weeks due to a part that had to be ordered. The repairs entailed repairing the autofocus sensor and the mirror box assembly (plus a complete cleaning). Since the K5 was out of warranty, it was a $181 repair. I am happy to say the camera is working flawlessly. There have been reports of bad experiences with Pentax service, but not in this case. United Camera (Bensenville, Il.) was exemplary in their service. In addition to calling me to provide updates, they also have a website that tracks the progress of the repair. In addition, you can email customer service and they respond quickly to your request. I am more impressed than ever with their service. In the past year, I have had two cameras and two battery grips repaired both under warranty and not. Their charges have been more than fair. The repairs have been done quickly and correctly. I have not had to return a product for a re-repair (if that's a word). I am very fortunate to have this company 20 minutes from my house. I would highly recommend them to anyone who needs a camera repair.

Disclaimer: I have no association whatsoever with United Camera. I am only a very satisfied customer!!

Terry

Phixer323's gear list:Phixer323's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow