Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,678Gear list
Like?
Re: Superb!
In reply to RudyPohl, Feb 7, 2013

RudyPohl wrote:

kkardster wrote:

Between which steps do you recommend the enlargement of the images should occur?

And should any PP be performed on the enlargements prior to stacking? [I remember a NoRule's post where he did some sharpening of over-sized images, then reduced them at some point in the process to a still larger-than-original final size.]

-- hide signature --

You learn something new every time you press the shutter

Hi KK:

I don't know what the right answer is but here what I did on this image, and on the same image I added later with a little PPing.

1) My Photoshop 5 won't open RW2 files so I have to convert the all first using Adobe free DNG conversion tool (creates DNG file which are "digitial negative images which most software can use)

2) I opned each DNG file in Photoshop which then automatically switch to ACR (Adobe Camera Raw). I did not apply any post processing I merely saved it to a Photoshop 5 file.

3) I then stacked all 11 images (I used Adobe Bridge to do this in seconds.

4) I then align the images - once mouse click, 60 seconds processing

5) I then applied the opacities to the images - 2 minutes.

6) I then made a copy

7) I then flattened the stack of images (left the copy unflattened)

8) Now I applied all my post processing, seems to work OK.

A little tip, Flickr and most other online photogalleries add contrast to your images so I really add a lot of negative contrast to the image before uploading... upload testing will show you how much to do.

Thanks Rudy - but I still do not see where you enlarged the image to 8000 pixels wide.  I assume you did that early on, but perhaps I'm wrong and you did that as part of Step 8?!!!  If so, wouldn't it have been better to start big?

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow