FZ200 - Great Grey Owl, 11 stacked RAW images, enlarged to 8000 pixels wide

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
RudyPohl
Senior MemberPosts: 3,046
Like?
Re: Superb!
In reply to kkardster, Feb 7, 2013

kkardster wrote:

Between which steps do you recommend the enlargement of the images should occur?

And should any PP be performed on the enlargements prior to stacking? [I remember a NoRule's post where he did some sharpening of over-sized images, then reduced them at some point in the process to a still larger-than-original final size.]

-- hide signature --

You learn something new every time you press the shutter

Hi KK:

I don't know what the right answer is but here what I did on this image, and on the same image I added later with a little PPing.

1) My Photoshop 5 won't open RW2 files so I have to convert the all first using Adobe free DNG conversion tool (creates DNG file which are "digitial negative images which most software can use)

2) I opned each DNG file in Photoshop which then automatically switch to ACR (Adobe Camera Raw). I did not apply any post processing I merely saved it to a Photoshop 5 file.

3) I then stacked all 11 images (I used Adobe Bridge to do this in seconds.

4) I then align the images - once mouse click, 60 seconds processing

5) I then applied the opacities to the images - 2 minutes.

6) I then made a copy

7) I then flattened the stack of images (left the copy unflattened)

8) Now I applied all my post processing, seems to work OK.

A little tip, Flickr and most other online photogalleries add contrast to your images so I really add a lot of  negative contrast to the image before uploading... upload testing will show you how much to do.

Rudy

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow