Legacy Glass Market Dead?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
fastprime
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Re: Legacy Glass Market Dead?
In reply to YuriS, Feb 7, 2013

Well, this has been quite educational for me 

I'ts now obvious that legacy glass is more popular than ever and getting more expensive to buy as time goes by. My lack of experience selling them led me to list poorly on ebay. Since your feedback I've changed the listings accordingly. Prices were all adjusted downwards and shipping costs reduced from $30 to $16.

Shipping from Canada has always been a PITA because of the asinine way that Canada Post calculates rates. Currently rates are calculated based on box dimensions, weight and "zone", where zone could be one or more US states, and multiple zones exist for US destinations. That's why I fudged the initial shipping charge. International shiipping costs were stupidly prohibitive.

As of this month, (Feb 11 according to the Notification on ebay.ca), a new Canada Post system will be available with 3 fixed prices for packages shipped to the US or International destinations. This should simplify things enormously as well as reduce shipping fees. The $16 fee is what I think it will cost to ship a lens under this new system based on the Notification.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow