Did all the Ricoh cameras stop working?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Earthrise
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Like?
Re: more recycling
In reply to Archiver, Feb 7, 2013

Archiver wrote:

In May last year I was the unofficial photographer at a wedding, toting a Leica M9 and Ricoh GXR-M with Zeiss Sonnar 50/1.5 and Voigtlander 35/1.4. That was the last time I really pushed the GXR. The images it gave me were super, but I felt quite let down and hampered by the slow shot to shot speed. All this stuff about 'deliberate shooting makes you a better photographer' won't help at all if you are trying to capture the right moment as a wedding bouquet arcs through the air. The number of the 'right' images I lost while the GXR reset itself between images was quite large. But I still love the camera for the images it produces, and use it in less demanding situations.

-- hide signature --

Archiver - Loving Every Image Captured Always
http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/

Yep, I've been the main photographer at a couple of weddings using a Canon dslr, and as much as I like my m module I wouldn't quite trust it at a wedding.  Manual focus, no problem, I actually prefer it, but the shot to shot and buffer need to be better, and the low light/high iso could just be one step better. If the noise at 1600 was as good as 800 now etc.

I've sold off most if my Canon gear now but luckily I don't shoot many weddings, so although that performance is available out there now I don't feel there is any camera I would replace the GXR with.  When I do I hope it is with a Ricoh.

Earthrise's gear list:Earthrise's gear list
Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow