Olympus fast zooms may be coming in 2013

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus fast zooms may be coming in 2013
In reply to ryan2007, Feb 7, 2013

ryan2007 wrote:

Olympus should do fast zooms for Olympus users. If you know the Olympus lens may work better than the Panasonic on the Olympus body will you wait?

Also, manufactures always say their lens is great and revolutionary as a marking thing. You need to show confidence in your product. Sure, they will be good lenses.

The cost should be on par with Panasonic if constructed in a similar way like the internal zoom of the Panny 35-100 2.8.

No, no, no.

They shouldn't make fast zooms because olympus needs fast zooms that work on olympus bodies. The panny zooms work on olympus bodies. They need to differentiate their product somewhat. I'm not sure I'd be interested anyway. I think Id prefer to use my kit zoom and a few sub f/2 primes and I doubt I'll ever have the money for a fast zoom ​and​ fast primes.

But my point is, Olympus can't just make a 12-35 f/2.8 and a 35-100 f/2.8. They should make non-constant aperture zooms with longer range and no OIS. If they could do a 12-50 f/2.8-4.0 and a 50-150 f/2.8-4.5 (or something like that.) and make them a hair less expensive than the panny zooms they'd have something competitive.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow