More photos with the DA 560mm F5.6 telephoto lens.

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Arijit Banerjee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,612Gear list
Like?
Geyser, Jeff
In reply to JeffAHayes, Feb 7, 2013

JeffAHayes wrote:

Arijit Banerjee wrote:

From what I see, the images- nearly all of them were not shot well. Only when it is in the hands of someone like our regulars here- Geyser, Ron, Marc Langille et al.. can we draw more definitive conclusions.

-- hide signature --

Arijit

No kidding, Arijit!

I can't even tell which photos were shot with which lens after the first row without clicking on them because almost all the text is in Chinese, or Japanese -- or whatever language RiceHigh's posting in. If dude's gonna be posting to a website he expects most of the WESTERN world (i.e. English speaking) to also read, he should, at the very least, have a link at the top where you can click to get everything into a language you can read.

At any rate, I looked at a couple of pics and I was done... Not only did they not look very good, they wouldn't display big enough to really get a feel for what the lens will do, any way.

RiceHigh has been the subject of much controversy in the past here, too, with predictions about Photokina, etc., that were off, or only partially right.

I'm waiting until a RELIABLE source posts some pics.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

LoL Jeff.

My Chinese is nearly as good as my Russian (at least I know a couple of Russian expletives!!). Not very neighborly of me.

Those images are of not much good. I would like to believe Pentax had photographers test this lens before its launch. In all probability, those images (if any) were shot by competent lensmen and would allow objective analysis. Just some images from some unknown gent (and images that create negative impressions at the best),  on a site we cant follow what is written and referred to by Mr. Rice, is never the right way to do things.

Geyser- you rock Sir

-- hide signature --

Arijit

Arijit Banerjee's gear list:Arijit Banerjee's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow