Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Calbrit
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
Seller's remorse - me - an S95 - you?
Feb 7, 2013

In the pursuit of equipment improvement (within the compact camera category) getting "this year's model" seemed like a good idea.  Being on a limited "sensible" budget also means not necessarily being able to keep previous cameras for too long and like cars ending up selling the one you have before it gets too old and devalued to get a newer one is sensible.  However, also like cars sometimes the new one is missing something of the old.  It may have been slower or technically less capable but it was easier to drive, was comfortable and handled nicely.

Well, I sold my S95 in favour of the S110 but then I saw the rave G15 reviews and thought that this would be the true upgrade I wanted.  However, there was something about the image quality produced by the S95 that I prefer to the S110 and G15.  Both the S110 and G15 are fine cameras but even with technological improvements they have received, I have to declare that I wished I still had my S95.

To this point, I am now looking to find a "good as new" S95.  I'm not trying to debate that the S95 is superior to the other two cameras.  I suppose the old saying "you don't know what you've got until its gone" rings true in this instance - well for me anyway.

Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow