Will LR4 run on old white mac book? run slow, or so so

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
imabel
Contributing MemberPosts: 740Gear list
Like?
Re: Will LR4 run on old white mac book? run slow, or so so
In reply to EJ Fudd, Feb 7, 2013

I am running LR 4.3 on a late 08 unibody macbook 2.0GHZ with 6GB ram and 250SSD drive.  I also have virtual memory disabled and it runs very quickly.  I have never experienced the spinning beach ball.  I do not have anything to compare it to except to say that Photo Ninja my Raw converter of choice and  Nikon Capture NX2 software run much quicker and I use these more than LR. I have uninstalled iPhoto and have not used it since the 1st version of Mac 10.0.

My boot times from power button to open browser is normally 22 seconds.  I also don't have a ton of ikons on the desktop and usually not more than a couple of programs open at one time.  Another item that I thing enables my computer to run quicker and smoother is I disabled spotlight and use Disk Drill to monitor changes in my hard drive and then backup on a monthly basis with superduper or CCC instead of time machine.

I am running 10.7.5 currently and have no intention of upgrading the operating system or the macbook.

Mike

imabel's gear list:imabel's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow