Just ordered a 50 mm macro

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,824Gear list
Like?
Re: Just ordered a 50 mm macro
In reply to skysurfer5, Feb 7, 2013

skysurfer5 wrote:

The 50 will complete my set of HG lenses…finally :-). I now have one of each (my 14-54 and 50-200 are Mk I, not Mk II) except for the vaporware 100 mm macro. I may just have to break down and get an old Zuiko 90 mm macro. BTW, KEH has one right now (http://www.keh.com/camera/Olympus--Fixed-Focal-Length-Lenses/1/sku-OM06000008344N?r=FE), but this wasn't the right time for me to get it. I also have the 35 macro and the original 40-150, which are both sweet lenses. I may venture into SHG land some day, mainly for the 7-14 and 150. I don't really have a need for the other SHGs for the foreseeable future. Actually, a 7 mm prime would do me just fine, but that will never happen.

-- hide signature --

'Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?' …Winston S. Churchill

Enjoy all of the lenses, each has their sweet spot and do tend to complement each other nicely.  And as for the 7-14 and 150, both of which I have, you can't go wrong with those either.  Throw in the 14-35 and 35-100 and you have a stunning foursome.

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow