X20 sensor: your opinion

Started Feb 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,568Gear list
Like?
Re: X20 sensor: your opinion
In reply to cptrios, Feb 7, 2013

cptrios wrote:

It doesn't need to be as good as the X100...I just want it to be better than the RX100. People fawn over that camera like it's the second coming, but all of the images I've seen from it have been very disappointing (mostly thanks to the strong field curvature of the lens). Not making as much of a size compromise as Sony should hopefully provide for a better-designed lens, and the X-Trans sensor should hopefully beat the RX100's high ISO capability.

For now, though, the X100 remains the closest thing to a "pocket camera" I'll ever own!

The rx100 has a bigger headroom with its 20 megapixels. On a same size of output the sony do have more details to work with. But of course fuji is known for their more pleasant colors which will translate well to x20.

I suspect if you put x20 and rx100 images side by side the x20 images will probably look nicer.

The rx100 is actually a very nice camera and it is more pocketable P&S than the x10, x20. You can just cary it with you in a jacket and not even think once you have it.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow