How good is the original 5D Mark I compared to the 2013 Canon's?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dave Luttmann
Forum ProPosts: 12,341Gear list
Like?
Re: no 5D mark I nor 5Dc
In reply to Rexgig0, Feb 7, 2013

Rexgig0 wrote:

RedFox88 wrote:

scrane wrote:

The newer Canons are far ahead of the old 5Dc

Let's talk about the right camera. There is no model called the 5D mark I nor is there a 5Dc, it's plainly the 5D!

With all due respect, we rarely label something as I, Mark I, or senior, until a II, Mark II, or junior arrives upon the scene. Once the Mark II arrives, it is much simpler to use 1, I, 5D1, or Mark I, than type a longer description. We know what it means, and it avoids confusion, as some folks use "5D" loosely, when referring to the current 5D model.

Moreover, unlike some automobile and firearms companies think, "Classic" is a title that is earned, not self-proclaimed. I believe the original 5D has earned the title of Classic. The early full-frame Canon DSLRs were a BIG thing in their day, causing much anguish among the Nikon folks, and at its introduction, there was nothing else like the 5D, the first light-weight full-frame DSLR. I do not, however, use "5DC."

To be clear, I did not mean this to seem argumentative.

If that is the case, why don't we see constant reference to the Canon 1D Classic and the Canon 1Ds Classic, and the Nikon D2x Classic and the Nikon D3 Classic......is it because pros know the difference between 5D and 5D2 when the read a sentence?

Dave Luttmann's gear list:Dave Luttmann's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ThatNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow