Nikor 16-85MM VR impressed!!!!

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
mais51
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikor 16-85MM VR impressed!!!!
In reply to EMAASJR, Feb 7, 2013

EMAASJR wrote:

The performance of the 18-105 said keep it. This was a practically/monetary issue not a performance issue.If you have either one of this lenses keep it but don't get rid of one to replace with the other.

18-105 is a very good lens for as long as you don't bump the lens on anything, my 18-105 lens mount was shattered due to a bump to a door frame - lens hood was in place and undamaged but the plastic lens mount could not handle the impact. If it were metal like the 16-85's I am sure it would survive - somehow metal and plastic do not mix ! I've since replaced the lens mount myself using parts from a drowned 18-105 (immersed in salt water - not repairable or cleanable). Wish Nikon supply stainless steel lens mount to this and other kit lens, may cost a few dollars more but add so much value and durability to the lens - How about that Mr Nikon.

mais51's gear list:mais51's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow