upcoming zeiss lenses for fuji

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,348Gear list
Like?
Re: 14mm over 12mm // what would you choose?
In reply to Captain Tom L, Feb 7, 2013

Captain Tom L wrote:

Tom Ames wrote:

Only looking for the 12mm. Was set to buy the Fuji 14mm, but must say it was a bit more pricey than I hoped it should be. While I still keep my Nikon system, I feel it is too much to pay for the 14mm. Yes, the 12mm Zeiss will probably cost approx. the same but it will be 12mm not 14mm and more worth it to me and my planned use for it.

Same opinion on the pricing.

The more I look, the more I'm leaning toward the 14mm over 12mm over because (order of importance):
1) size. The Zeiss looks big. I prefer to go lightweight on the X.
2) price. Zeiss will most likely be more expensive (yet to be seen)
3) Fuji optics. The 14mm is most likely optimised for the X (current samples are looking good so far)

On a side note, which set would you guys choose (ignoring availability issue)?
1) 10-24mm f/4
2) 14mm f/2.8 AND 23mm f/1.4

I'd love to have 23mm at f1.4 but I can see the second package doubles the cost.

option1 for me. Mostly landscape and some architecture where i prefer DOF over super fast and OS for handholding. The versatility of the wide zoom is exactly what i want.

Sadly it doesn't exist and won't for at least a year so the 12 or 14mm prime will replace my Nikon 10-24. I suspect the price of the Zeiss will levarage me to the 14mm. A used Voigtlander 12mm is not out of the question to hold me over until the prime is available, the size is right

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow