What Sigma ILC has the best quality?

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Questions thread
eastriding4310
Regular MemberPosts: 200
Like?
Re: What Sigma ILC has the best quality?
In reply to ArcticBeach, Feb 7, 2013

The good news is that there is nothing wrong with your Sony A65.  I went thru hundreds of your photos on Flickr and noticed that there were enough sharp photos to see that the camera was Ok.

I did, however, notice that in your exif info you were not shooting for sharpness at all most of the time.  It also appeared that the camera was making far too many choices for you for sharp shots.

If you want sharp shots, you should be shooting at f5.6 or f8 for your smaller lenses and f8 for your larger lens.  These will produce sharper shots than your have been getting.  I noticed that you took a lot of your non-artsy shots almost wide open.  This will not induce sharpness.  I noticed that you also exceeded f11 on some shots.  This will also cause the shots to be less sharp.

The Minolta beercan could also use an upgrade to something like the Tamron 70-300 USD (the more expensive Tamron).

The 35mm Sony lens, even though it is the darling of Sony shooters, is crap in my opinion.  There are better lenses out there, like the highly rated Sigma 30mm or the 35mm 3.5 Takamur manual focus (less than $100) in M42 mount.  My 50mm 1.4 Takamur M42 is extremely sharp.

I also noticed that I could sharpen some of your jpegs for better results.

I suspect that you are using automatic modes in your camera.  If you are, try A aperture priority mode instead or P Program mode if you are more comfortable with that.

I hope this will help a little.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow