What kit / lenses am I missing?

Started Feb 3, 2013 | Questions thread
Steve_in_FL
Contributing MemberPosts: 948Gear list
Like?
Re: What kit / lenses am I missing?
In reply to Brev00, Feb 7, 2013

Brev00 wrote:

I did not see a mention of the software you are using. I find, penny for penny, software makes the biggest impact on my photography. It all started behind the camera, but, after a while, I find I enjoy uploading the files and exploring my choices on my computer. With digital, there is so much one can do after the fact. In terms of your gear, you could add a close focus diopter like the Canon 500d to you telezoom to give you some macro-like images without going to the expense of adding a macro or the trouble of changing lenses. The most important thing is to enjoy any opportunity you can find to get out on some shoots whether local or on some special trips. It never hurts to explore local groups, camera shop sponsored seminars and day trips, etc.

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/brev00

Brev has some excellent advice, too!  Software such as LightRoom or PhotoShop Elements lets you get your feet wet in the processing pool without a huge investment.  Sometimes a little processing can make a huge difference in the final product.

Steve_in_FL's gear list:Steve_in_FL's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow