Texas to Charleston SC in late March

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
KENTGA
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,542Gear list
Like?
Re: Texas to Charleston SC in late March
In reply to Pat Perry, Feb 7, 2013

I live in ATL and built houses in CHS and had a house in Hilton Head in the 80's. It may still be a little cool in late March. I first suggest what I tell others--- read travel books.

Savannah is a beautiful city with about 27 squares that were disigned back in the 1700's and have been updated. Early on there were houses around the squares and the squares were used to farm and raise animals. There's a cemetery a few miles from town and a fort on the way to Tybee Island. In both CHS and Savannah they have guided tours. Take them in both citiies. Everybody will enjoy them.

Hilton head is a resort place and the main photo opp there is the lighthouse and boats at Harbortown in Sea Pines.

CHS has and "old" area that is about 10 or 12 blocks square with beautiful old houses and a market. There are two gardens NW on Hwy 61 that are beautiful. Hopefully the azelias will be blooming in Savannah and CHS. Ft Sumter is a short boat ride away.

Never been to Myrtle Beach or to the Yorktown.

Also look at www.tripadvisor.com.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow