need a HUGE favor from all us A-mount guys and girls :-)

Started Feb 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
swainer
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
need a HUGE favor from all us A-mount guys and girls :-)
Feb 7, 2013

A company in Italy named LockCircle  I have been following in my Canon Mii days, started out making high quality Zeiss cine-style lens  for the Canon MII a year or so ago and recently announced that they will be offering the Nikon F-mount.

I emailed one of my contacts there today when I saw the post  and I asked if they were considering doing the same for the A-mount with the popularity of the A77/99.  He immediately replied back to me with this:

"You are one of many that has recently requested an A-mount version of our product.  In fact we have had several inquiries just today.  To answer your question, we are seriously looking into it, but there are several things to consider.  If the interest level continues to grow and we can work it, I do believe we can make it!"

This is very hopeful news!  Would it be wrong for me to ask some of you guys/girls to send an email to info@lockcircle.com and encourage them to move forward to try to create these cine-style lenses for us cinematography guys?

As you know, there have been very few offerings in really high end glass in the a-mount that can be adapted to cinema rigs and etc.  With the recent release of the Rokinons cine lens for Sony a-mount, we can at least see that even they saw that there is a market enough to create an A-mount version.

Please kindly help me/us in this effort to show up on the radars in support for more lens offerings from companies like this.

THANKS A MILLION!

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow