Comparing Nikon 16-85 VR and 18-55 on my D40.

Started Dec 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
Squirrel7
Contributing MemberPosts: 610
Like?
Re: Again, the 16-85 might not be for a D40
In reply to Penny123, Feb 6, 2013

Penny123 wrote:

Maise, Yes that image is very sharp and has lots of detail. I have a D40 at the moment but don't know if a D90 is the answer to my problems are not. I think I understand correctly if I focus on my dog and recompose the shot... if she moves in the slightest in the time I fully press the shutter that could effect sharpness/focus? If I had an extra focus point I could focus and press the shutter immediately which would have a faster impact?

Actually, I think one focus point is the best option for pretty much any sort of photography except fast moving stuff like sports.

The muiti focus point systems are for when you don't know where you want to focus and would rather let the camera decide. It really baffles me why these are so popular.

Single point, focus and recompose is the ultimate.

The D90 will not help you at all with the issues you've described. It's center point AF is worse than the D40 in my experience, and I have a lot of experience with both bodies.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
??New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow