Almost Left Sony

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
cplunk
Contributing MemberPosts: 976Gear list
Like?
Re: Almost Left Sony
In reply to rithex, Feb 6, 2013

rithex wrote:

F4 glass, 70-200, 300mm would be a good start.

Nikon 70-200 w/ VR2 is the same price as the Sony G 70-200 which has neither sealing or IS/VR. Which is the Sony not $1500 or 1600? It has less features yet it's the same price?

VR/IS on Canon/Nikon is better than our In body IS from comparisons I've read.

70-210 f4, Minolta beercan? in body stabilization will support it.

I bought a Sony because I was intrigued with the idea of making out like a bandit buying older Minolta glass. I didn't exactly do too much research on this idea before proceeding, and wasn't originally anticipating ever dropped over $950 on a 80-200 f2.8 (the Minolta APO, black one). But now that I've done that, I'm pretty sure my wife'd kill me if I tried to start over.

But I also didn't anticipate $300 ($155 used on ebay) Vivitar 85mm MF primes that I can focus like a champ due to peaking.

I think it's all worked out pretty well for me.

The comparisons I've seen for in lens vs. in in body stabilization generally come to the conclusion that the in lens is better, if only because it stabilizes the viewfinder. And that's pretty much the only benefit they can ever come up with. (of course, the in body benefit is supposed to be cheaper lenses?).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow