X-Pro 1: No exposure compensation in Auto-ISO - is this a bug?

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I the only one??
In reply to Clint Dunn, Feb 6, 2013

Clint Dunn wrote:

Am I the only one who predominantly shoots in Aperture Priority??? Shoot AP and the exposure compensation works just fine and you still have full artistic control. For my work I find that I shoot 95% of the time in AP, and maybe 5% full manual if I am using strobes etc.

AP is sooo much quicker than full manual if you are in a setting with constantly changing light conditions. Just sayin'.

I too shoot predominantly in aperture priority, but no, I don't think the EC works fine at all. On the X-E1, in aperture priority, EC changes ISO not shutter speed, until the limits are reached. When shooting HDR, for example, that is not what one wants.

The fact is that things are a bit more complicated nowadays than they might have been 30 years ago. That means that operating a modern camera necessarily is a bit more complicated also. Crying and trying to cling to the old ways just doesn't work with modern equipment.

There are three main parameters that control the intensity values in the final image, therefore there needs to be comprehensive controls allowing the adjustment of these three parameters in the various modes, be it full manual, one of the parameters set to Auto, two of the parameters set to Auto, and perhaps even all three set to Auto (analogous to Program Shift). They all have their place, and they are all useful.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow