Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Chris Dodkin
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,066Gear list
Re: Latest Fujifilm Quarterly Result
In reply to rattymouse, Feb 6, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

BobYIL wrote:

Right in last September USD was about 78 JYen. Today it's hovering above 93. Euromarket is in recession. See how Nikon dropped the prices two times in the last six months.

To keep the production lines running they can not cut the quotas (otherwise it would be next to impossible to regain the markets) so they operate with loss or minute profit margins. Actually most of them are contented if they compensate for the overhead costs, especially the R&D to keep the new models oncoming; just to maintain our interest in their brand... Otherwise no chance to survive.

BTW following March there could be a new wave of price cuts..

-- hide signature --

BobYIL

The yen's fall has been dramatic. Good timing for me as I'll be in Japan next week for a 7 day holiday.

I keep wondering when Fujifilm's imaging division will report a profit. I've looked all the way back to 2005 and have not found any year where they made money selling cameras. Bizarre.

Given the ability for international manufacturers to move funds around between divisions, they may never show a profit on paper - nor see the need to ever declare one

-- hide signature --

http://www.dodkin.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac Pro/MacBook Pro/iPods/iPhones/iPad

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D +34 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow