Contributing MemberPosts: 872Gear list
Like?
Re: Legacy Glass Market Dead?
In reply to clengman, Feb 6, 2013

clengman wrote:

fastprime wrote:

s_grins wrote:

fastprime wrote:

There was a time a few years back when mounting MF legacy glass via adapters on MFT cameras was quite popular. My recent eBay selling experiences suggest to me that the market for legacy glass on MFT's is pretty much done.

Probably due to all the new excellent AF glass introduced by Oly and Panny (+others) recently.

Anyone else experienced this?

This is interesting observation. Did you come to conclusion based on M43 adapters sales?

-- hide signature --

Looking for equilibrium...

Haha. No I came to it after trying to sell several MF legacy glass on eBay at what I thought were reasonably competitive prices and getting no response!

I've never had luck selling on ebay with reserve or a minimum price. If I'm going to auction anything I just put it up there and let the market take care of it. I think it's very rare that items go for significantly less than what they're worth.

Right. The PO's "reasonably competitive prices" were met with disagreement by the market.

It takes some nerve but I find that when I place items into ebay with a .$99 start price and no reserve they will often sell for more than I expected, sometimes much more.

Also I look at the whole selling problem differently that I used to when I would putĀ  prices that I thought theitems were worth. Now I start everything low and when a batch of items is sold I look at the overall intake usually pleased with the total.

94's gear list:94's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1 +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow