Another strange bug with D4, possibly D800!?!?

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Schulz
Regular MemberPosts: 499Gear list
Like?
Re: Can confirm with D800, not D4
In reply to michaeladawson, Feb 6, 2013

I can reproduce your problem with the D800 but not the D4. My D4 has the latest firmware that was released last week. 1.04? I tried this morning moving from indoor light to outdoor light through a window. With AF lock held the indicated exposure changes as I swing the camera from indoor to outdoor light. When I let go of the lock button the indicated exposure stays steady and it is the correct exposure.

On the D800 I can't set the AF-ON button, but I can assign the AE/AF lock button to be AF Lock Only. So I did that and repeated the test. Indoors I focused on something. Indicated exposure was f/4 at 1/15s. I pressed and held the assigned AF Lock button and swung the camera outdoors. The exposure changed to f/4 at 1/60s. But this is way overexposed if I trip the shutter now. If I release the AF lock button (holding the AF point steady over the same target the exposure jumps to something like f/4 at 1/400s. This is the correct exposure.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

Interesting: Your D800 behaviour is exactly what my D4 shows, why doesn´t your D4 show the same?! Nikon Germany can also verify the problem. 
I wonder why your D4 works??? Be happy it does, but for me the described workaround is fine so far.

Thanks,
Roland.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow