Another strange bug with D4, possibly D800!?!?

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Roland Schulz
Regular MemberPosts: 465Gear list
Like?
Re: Can confirm with D800, not D4
In reply to michaeladawson, Feb 6, 2013

I can reproduce your problem with the D800 but not the D4. My D4 has the latest firmware that was released last week. 1.04? I tried this morning moving from indoor light to outdoor light through a window. With AF lock held the indicated exposure changes as I swing the camera from indoor to outdoor light. When I let go of the lock button the indicated exposure stays steady and it is the correct exposure.

On the D800 I can't set the AF-ON button, but I can assign the AE/AF lock button to be AF Lock Only. So I did that and repeated the test. Indoors I focused on something. Indicated exposure was f/4 at 1/15s. I pressed and held the assigned AF Lock button and swung the camera outdoors. The exposure changed to f/4 at 1/60s. But this is way overexposed if I trip the shutter now. If I release the AF lock button (holding the AF point steady over the same target the exposure jumps to something like f/4 at 1/400s. This is the correct exposure.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

Interesting: Your D800 behaviour is exactly what my D4 shows, why doesn´t your D4 show the same?! Nikon Germany can also verify the problem. 
I wonder why your D4 works??? Be happy it does, but for me the described workaround is fine so far.

Thanks,
Roland.

Roland Schulz's gear list:Roland Schulz's gear list
Sony RX100 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow