Poll: Is intelligent/ programmable Auto ISO an important feature for future FW updates?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
NumberOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,452Gear list
Like?
Re: Poll: Is intelligent/ programmable Auto ISO an important feature for future FW updates?
In reply to mjl699, Feb 6, 2013

mjl699 wrote:

Nice to have, but using the camera without minimum shuuter speed in Auto ISO modes is not a problem.

What IS a problem to me is exposure comp in manual mode with AutoISO. Say, F2.0, T=1/60s, AutoISO 1600. Camera exposes for the "correct" exposure, choosing ISO 800. I want to apply EC of -1, and I want the camera to underexpose by 1 stop. In this example above I would expect AutoISO 1600 to see correct exposure as needing ISO 800 and therefore to set ISO 400 which should under-expose by the requested 1 stop.

J.

-- hide signature --

mjl599

Of course!

As (I) already mentioned, |Auto-ISO in Manual Mode| without EC availability is worth nothing, or as someone said, just a tease...

The (not so) funny thing about this, is that many don't even care about having |Auto-ISO in Manual Mode| - I suspect (and dare say) most of these "naysayers" don't even know how to use (or take advantage of) it!

Best regards,
Pedro

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YESNew
yesNew
NoNew
YesNew
YesNew
NONew
NoNew
NoNew
NoNew
Yes!New
NoNew
YesNew
NoNew
YesNew
NoNew
YESNew
YESNew
Yes.New
NONew
YESNew
YESNew
NoNew
YESNew
YesNew
NoNew
YESNew
YESNew
Yes!New
NONew
NONew
YESNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow