RX1 - Question about using the 1/2/3 memory modes

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hughesnet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,024Gear list
Like?
Re: RX1 - Question about using the 1/2/3 memory modes
In reply to Richard Spangler, Feb 6, 2013

Richard Spangler wrote:

You have to put the camera in the mode you want first such as M mode. Dial in all the settings you want and then look for the save to memory option in the menu. Once you save it will ask you to choose 1,2,or 3. I was stumped on this one too as I hate reading manuals and like to figure things out on my own.

Hughesnet wrote:

I see how to set the memory for a slot, but what I don't see is that it seems to not allow anything but P mode. Is it possible to be in a memory mode and have it be in manual, aperture or shutter priority?

Awesome thanks. I didn't realize it would work that way. I always use the RX1 in M mode to get around it's deep love of 1/80 shutter speeds and f4 apertures. With ISO settings as solid as the RX1 has and the ability to use Auto ISO in M mode I honestly don't know why anyone would use any other mode for most things!

I was setting a memory slot up for M mode B/W shots

Hughesnet's gear list:Hughesnet's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow