Started Jan 30, 2013 | Questions thread
akustykmagmanetpl
Contributing MemberPosts: 595Gear list
Like?
Re: variable ND filter experiences.
In reply to TTMartin, Feb 6, 2013

TTMartin wrote:

TTMartin wrote:

Also two CPs put front to front have 4 filter layers. (1/4 wave, LP, LP, 1/4 wave), as opposed to the three filter layers I'm using (LP, PL, 1/4 wave).

Correction: Also two CPs put front to front have 4 filter layers. (1/4 wave, LP, LP, 1/4 wave), as opposed to the three filter layers I'm using (LP, LP, 1/4 wave).

I haven't had two Hoya's to test, it's good to know there is a combination that works as for number of layers and possible quality issues - VariND is bad at 105mm, I don't think it would get much worse with the extra layer. still... should be enough to use with wide angle lens which is where the thing is really most useful.

I really need to proofread the whole thing before I run out of edits.

For what it's worth this discussion has motivated me to take the time to put calibration marks on my LP so I can pre-set the number of stops.

hehe

akustykmagmanetpl's gear list:akustykmagmanetpl's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow