Could A RX100 Power-On While Being Carried in a Pocket?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Questions thread
rio911
Contributing MemberPosts: 890Gear list
Like?
Re: Could A RX100 Power-On While Being Carried in a Pocket?
In reply to kc270, Feb 6, 2013

kc270 wrote:

My Canon Powershot A650 has a sliding switch to select between shooting and playback modes. Putting this switch in playback mode before putting the camera in my pocket pretty much eliminates the chance that the camera will accidentally power up in shooting mode and extend the lens while it is being carried (in the front pants pocket especially).

I'm researching the RX100, and was wondering if it is possible to do something similar to prevent the lRX100 from accidentally starting up in shooting mode while it's in a pocket. I looked at the instruction manual, and didn't find an answer there. Any advice or experience you can share would be appreciated.

I've never heard of the RX100 powering on in shooting mode... I guess it is possible.

What I have seen is unexplained power drain, which me and others as well have attributed to the accidental powering of the camera in "play mode".

rio

rio911's gear list:rio911's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow