Like?
Re: RX100: The One to Beat?
In reply to Undah, Feb 6, 2013

Undah wrote:

YiannisPP wrote:

Undah wrote:

YiannisPP wrote:

Undah wrote:

Thanks for this info. I wasn't aware that the Panasonic LX series finally went with a larger sensor. I wasnot interested in it back in the LX1-3 stages of development but will take a look at it.

It didn't:) The LX7 sensor is actually a fraction smaller than the LX3 sensor.

figures

But do take a look at it, it's probably a very capable camera. I have only had one Panasonic (TZ7) and it certainly was quality. I can only imagine how much better the LX7 is.

I know what you mean. In good light I'm constantly amazed at what the little Panasonic ZS3 puts out.

The ZS3 is the TZ7! Unfortunately mine has stopped working properly, I think it's the lens motor, it now takes a long time to focus, press to shot time is >1 sec...so passed it to my mum:)

LOL, you're right! Passed mine to my mum as well Was like new at the time. I saw that camera fly out of a relative's hand while he was swinging his arm, land on tile floor, bounce, slide, and come to a complete stop 5 feet away. That was over 2 years ago, and it still works like it did when new! Built like a tank! Now the plastic battery door has been krazy glued twice, but we're talking rough handling, still clicking along. Totally the opposite of my cams, which get set down on cloth

Yeah, somehow mums don't know how to be careful with cams it seems:) I had passed her my Canon G7 before (in perfect working order) and now a couple of buttons/dials don't work properly, don't know how she managed that!

Yes the TZ7 does feel solid..Somehow I don't think that my RX100 would've survived the fall you described. I mean it does feel really well built and "premium", but for one thing it's heavier and all that mass flying out from a swinging hand, don't know, a lot more on force on impact:)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
zoomNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow