More photos with the DA 560mm F5.6 telephoto lens.

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,123Gear list
Like?
More photos with the DA 560mm F5.6 telephoto lens.
Feb 6, 2013

Hi,

Here is the link from Rice High's Pentax blog,with a continuation of the three photos post yesterday. As has been already commented on,there were several criticisms raised over the second photo showing a very nervous background of reeds @ F14, now we can see many  other photos taken with the same lens, as well as several with a 1.7X teleconverter and one with the FA*600 lens. Starting with the 600 @ F4 photo it shows a very pleasing bokeh,very nice. Photos with a close to the subject background, with the 560mm, renditions look more nervous,branches with slightly highlighted edges,one,with the bark of the tree shows almost "mirrorlens" type highlighted bokeh (without the rings of course).

I know it's early days and we will have to wait for Pentax Forums review and images of the lens,but, to me it already begs the question;

Does a telescope formula type of lens, lend itself well, as a telephoto in terms of "bokeh"?  This question asked especially because of the lenses price-point.

I'm taking at face value that these "are" genuine 560mm photos,unless shown otherwise!

PS. Photos taken with the 1.7 teleconverter seem to post themselves as 350mm,I assume that it is a glitch.

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000416085/picture/#tab

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +13 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow