Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fastlass
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
E-PM2 vs E-PL5 UI
Feb 6, 2013

I'm looking to upgrade from my 10MP Nikon DSLR to one of the newer Olympus PENs. I'm wondering if anyone has had any hands-on experience comparing the two, WRT usability & access to often-changed-parameters ? I'm leaning toward the E-PM2 on price primarily, but I'd go for the more expensive model if there is a strong reason - the flip screen is not a strong reason.

I'm not a tweaky kind of photographer. I'll happy adjust a parameter if the camera doesn't get it right, but I find that it's rare. Even then, once I set the camera for the environment I'm in, it usually doesn't change - kids at a playground, people at a party.

I read through the E-PM2 manual and I was curious - It seems like you press "menu" and you're given the choices that correspond to the function knob on the E-PL5. At that point can you touch the choice you want or must you use the function wheel to click over and select the shooting mode of choice?

fastlass's gear list:fastlass's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus 9mm F8 Fish-Eye Body Cap Lens
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow