Nex 6 but now ?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
rsmithgi
Contributing MemberPosts: 947Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex 6 but now ?
In reply to Steelergeek69, Feb 6, 2013

Either camera will be excellent for your needs as you have listed them. It comes down to handling and personal preference.

One thing in the OMD favor is that there are more options for second bodies, sometimes at very low prices in the m43 lineup. If you have thoughts about building a system with multiple camera bodies, m43 is a better fit. The epm1, GF3, or GF5 would give you a second camera that is much more pocketable. I have a G3 and a GF3. I take the G3 most times, but the GF3 with the 14mm pancake is a very small camera that can be taken without a case almost anywhere.

I do wish that Olympus and Panasonic would take a hard look at the NEX-6 form factor with the "humpless" EVF. IMO, that arrangement is preferable to hump on the OMD, G5, GH3, etc, and also preferable to the add-on EVF for the epm2. GX1, EPL5, etc.

rsmithgi's gear list:rsmithgi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow