Whatever happened to the Firmware Updates for D600 and D800?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
Click Click Rizzy
Regular MemberPosts: 105Gear list
Like?
Re: Whatever happened to the Firmware Updates for D600 and D800?
In reply to coronawithlime, Feb 6, 2013

coronawithlime wrote:

A firmware update would require an admission that something wasn't working as well as possible. Seems to be a shortage of that short of thing on the manufacturers part of late.

That and, from reading this forum, the sorts of issues I would like to see addressed don't lend themselves to firmware fixes but require techs to physically handle the equipment.

-- hide signature --

One day long ago, a sorcerer and a warrior did battle, as such things were commonplace in that age. Sometimes the sorcerer won, and the sum value of human abilities was improved some trifling amount. Sometimes the warrior won, and again the human race improved by some insignificant amount, for a sorcerer who can't defeat one miserable warrior is a poor sorcerer indeed.

Well really, nothing's perfect. I know the physical part that you are talking about... For me that's not a big deal... A swab and eclipse solution and poooffff.... all clear and ready to shoot.

But as a techie I'd love to see Nikon (like any Mobile Phone giant) to send regular Firmware Updates for improving a lot of things - like the AF.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Keep Clicking.....

Click Click Rizzy's gear list:Click Click Rizzy's gear list
Nikon D5000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow