rx100 the one to beat?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 5,979Gear list
Like?
Re: rx100 the one to beat?
In reply to Enir4, Feb 6, 2013

It's a tough choice, essentially you need to clarify your priorities, rx100 was for me, love it:

rx100 is the only PANTS pocketable, others are JACKET pocketable if that counts for you. For me, the best camera is the one I always have with me.

Movies: Had Oly XZ-1, liked it very much, but, movies were awful, it could not focus, move it, could not focus, zoom it, could not focus, friends XZ-1 did the same thing, we returned them. rx100 movies are quite good, focus is good, sound is good

rx100  IQ is quite good, it does have a learning curve and I have needed some work with it to find what works for this and that. I don't use Auto, others seem to do well with that.

rx100 shallow depth of field is limited, compared to a larger sensor dslr; much better than smaller sensor p&s, but you need to be close to subject with background not too near.

rx100 flash is stronger than I read about, and bounce-able, and can adjust strength in-camera, I use it cut back most of the time.

rx100 28 mm ok, I miss my 24 mm occasionally, when I cannot back up enough.

rx100 optical zoom only 100 mm, but, has extended optical, and clear zoom which is quite good

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9701497431/albums/rx100-extended-optical-and-clear-zoom

Good luck deciding,

Elliott

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
zoomNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow