Nex 6 but now ?

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
Forum ProPosts: 10,061Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex 6 but now ?
In reply to Steelergeek69, Feb 6, 2013

I own an NEX-6 and a Panasonic GX1.  Both are great cameras, but different.

I MUCH prefer the grip on the NEX to anything the rangefinder styled micro43 cameras have to offer.  If you should decide to go the legacy lens route, NEX would get my vote due to the smaller crop factor.

My NEX-6 came with the new 16-50mm collapsable zoom.  This is a really nice small lens and works very very well.  I give it two thumbs up.

NEX gets thumbs down for poorly designed menus, and limited flexability in reassigning functions to buttons.  Also no custom settings save slots.

Micro43 has a better selection of lenses, but NEX is starting to catch up.  The main thing with lenses is, decide what you really NEED, and then see if it is available in the mount of your choice.  Both are equally good with legacy glass.

Personally, I wouldn't buy an OMD because I don't want a faux DSLR.  If I want that style of camera, I will buy a real DSLR (with an OVF).  In fact, I have three, all FF.

Bottom, line, get into a store and handle each to help you decide if you like the 'feel' of it.  Buy whichever camera 'feels' better (assuming they have your needed lenses).  You really cannot go wrong no matter what you choose.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7i Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Kodak DCS Pro SLR/n +35 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow