upcoming zeiss lenses for fuji

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?
Re: upcoming zeiss lenses for fuji
In reply to JasperD, Feb 6, 2013

At first I thought the crazy refocusing when switching between AF and MF using the clutch was really going to be a problem. I can understand why Fuji did it this way, but they could have solved the problem by having the focus distance on a ring that the AF and MF rotate as required. However, now that I have been using it for a while, I find I only use hyper focal range based focusing anyway, i.e. for my purposes this is a MF lens --- and I love it, both the images and the usage of the lens. And it is so relaxing to not struggle with AF!

The other thing I notice is that strangely the aperture ring is loose forward and backwards and way too easy to turn. The other primes have no wobble, and the 60mm has a beautiful torque to the aperture ring that feels just perfect. Fuji --- no wobbles please and more torque please!

Nevertheless I love the 14mm and it is absolutely a keeper for me. Beautiful feel to the manual focus ring, must have DoF scale, compact and light and wonderful images (see examples on the net).

105012's gear list:105012's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow