Another strange bug with D4, possibly D800!?!?

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
michaeladawson
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,253Gear list
Like?
Re: Another strange bug with D4, possibly D800!?!?
In reply to Roland Schulz, Feb 6, 2013

Roland Schulz wrote:

Hi there,

today I found the following with my D4: Most times I´m using AF-C and so configured the AF-ON button to AF hold using custom function a8.

So I can focus the camera with the shutter pressed to the first step (continous), and if I like to hold focus to recompose I hold the AF-ON button to save the prefocused distance. So far so good, focus is held, but exposure should be independent to this (have AE-L to switch with the middle of the sub dial, f6).

I see that exposure changes while recomposing, but it´s not the right exposure since when I let the AF-ON button off the exposure changes significantly (may change about 5 stops under certain circumstances)! That´s is not the wanted behaviour and it´s also not found in the manual.

Anyone else found this? Maybe also on D800?

Roland.

Sorry Roland, I can't replicate your issue.  Set the camera as you specified.  I lock focus and then recompose.  The indicated exposure changes for the new scene.  When I let go of AF-ON the indicated exposure stays the same.  I tried light to dark, dark to light, etc.  Not sure what's going on with your camera.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow