Too easy to activate menus and options while shooting...

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,344Gear list
Like?
Re: I know your pain, Chris
In reply to bowportes, Feb 6, 2013

bowportes wrote:

I experienced the WB button activating accidentally when I first purchased my G5, but have rarely seen it after the first couple of weeks. I think I just developed the habit of grabbing the front grip tighter and shifting my palm a bit. Now it's automatic and requires no special care. Very rarely it still happens, but unless you've "pressed" the WB button twice it's not a problem. Doing so only once is cancelled by touching the shutter release; two presses of WB are required to actually change the white balance. I've not experienced it at all with any setting other than WB.

The G5 is a joy to shoot. I wouldn't let this small issue deter you from buying it.

Thanks for this advice, bowy. I'm looking forward to seeing the camera in the plastic and metal when I visit Australia (from Papua New Guinea where it is not availableand would be ridiculously pricey if it was) in a couple of months. I hada G1 and thought it was grat … except for the jpeg color.

Cheers, geoff

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow