Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
wildkat2
Contributing MemberPosts: 898Gear list
Like?
Re: I wonder if any more ARE on the way
In reply to JeffAHayes, Feb 6, 2013

JeffAHayes wrote:

Jim King wrote:

I'm still waiting - my delivery window is January 28-February 19th, so I still have about two weeks until I panic...

Seriously, if Amazon tells me that they can't fulfill my order for the Bumblebee model I'll forcefully argue that they should ship me one in a different color. The yellow one is still my preference, though.

-- hide signature --

Jim King - Retired Colormonger - Suburban Detroit, Michigan, USA; GMT -5h (EST)
Pentaxian for over 50 years.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Sir Winston Churchill
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- Albert Einstein

I don't get what's going on between YOU and Amazon, Jim. You must have ordered through one of their "storefronts," and one of their less reliable "storefronts," at that (something I'm anathema to do, for just that sort of reason).

I just checked again, and right this minute there are three different K-01 deals available at Amazon (two yellow and one black) with free delivery via Amazon Prime by February 7 if purchased within the next 18 or 19 hours.

If you DON'T have Amazon Prime, trust me, it's WORTH the $79/year. I hummed and hawed for years, instead choosing to get small orders over $25 so I could get free 2-day shipping. But sometimes I'd end up just getting something else I really didn't need just to hit that $25 minimum (nowadays I might buy a $5 movie, if I feel like it, and get free shipping). Best of all, with Prime, you can upgrade any purchase to OVERNIGHT shipping for just $3.99 (the only catch is that if you're getting several things at once, you can't split some to 2-day and some to overnight -- have to make separate purchases, or else pay $3.99 for each for overnight, or settle for 2-day for each -- I learned that the hard way, lol).

Prime also gives you other benefits with streaming movies and stuff. Anyway, I'm not an Amazon salesperson, just saying...

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

Thanks for getting me checking. My order was placed directly with Amazon and I was disturbed to see that just like you said there are K-01 (Yellow) in stock while mine has not shipped. So I got on Amazon Chat and asked. Here is a partial transcript:

Ejaas:Please understand that these 2 are different items./

1. Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow)

Me:no they arnt

Ejaas:2. Pentax mirrorless body design compatible with 25+ million Pentax K mount lenses K-01 Lens Body Kit - Yellow

Me:they are the EXACT SAME CAMERA

Ejaas:Please look at the ASIN:

B0076397MQ

B00740MRBE

They both are different.

Me:Im sorry but they are the exact camera

Ejaas:ASIN is Amazon Standard Identification Numbers.

If the items are same, the ASINs should be same.

Am I making you clear?

Me:Im sorry but I dont understand how you can have the camera in stock and also back ordered

its the same camera

same lens

same everything

In Amazon World the currently available K-01 with 40mm lens is different from the K-01 with 40mm I ordered. Not sure how that works but they assured me my camera would ship between the 7th and the 20th.

-- hide signature --

Very happy K5 & K200 owner!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ksuwildkat/

wildkat2's gear list:wildkat2's gear list
Pentax K200D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL II (IF) +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ron-New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow