Panasonic 25mm Wide Open Chromatic Aberration/Purple Fringe Highlights

Started Feb 6, 2013 | Discussions thread
RealPancho
Senior MemberPosts: 1,020Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic 25mm Wide Open Chromatic Aberration/Purple Fringe Highlights
In reply to aukirk, Feb 6, 2013

aukirk wrote:

I have had this lens for about three months and really love it.... however, I have noticed that I often have purple fringe around the highlights of washed out areas of an image when it is shot wide open at f1.4...

I am not that familiar with chromatic aberration, but I am unable to get rid of these purple highlights in Aperture 3 (at least with my post-processing ability). Sometimes the purple fringes are not that noticeable and othertimes they really are...

I have read that this is an issue with all fast primes, but just trying to figure out if it may be something with my actual lens? It may be too late to raise this issue with Panasonic, but if it is something I should contact them about, I figure the earlier the better...

This is easily removed by Lightroom 4. See the images in the following post for an extreme example. It took 2 mouse clicks.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50791276

-- hide signature --

Frank

RealPancho's gear list:RealPancho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Olympus E-620 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow