$316 K-01 on the way

Started Jan 9, 2013 | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,919Gear list
Like?
Re: $316 K-01 on the way
In reply to hawk55, Feb 6, 2013

hawk55 wrote:

Just received an e-mail from B&H and then confirmed in a phone call stating they received 47 black body and yellow body K 01 cameras selling for $299. They have the white body with 40mm lens for $379

If B&H is getting shipments shouldn't Amazon also be re-stocking ? Should I wait for Amazon or spend another $60 dollars and buy the k 01 from B&H. If I wait for Amazon and they don't produce I could miss out on a great price

Hank

Hank, I just this minute checked Amazon, and the best deals that had on Amazon Prime (meaning sold by or "as by" Amazon) were $369 with 40mm pancake lens for the black body, and $331.48, body only, for the yellow body. While the price for the black body with lens is slightly below what B&H quoted you for the white body with lens, the body-only prices are higher, and all the other body-only (and with lens) prices I saw on Amazon were higher than the two I just quoted, and most were NOT Amazon Prime, meaning you'd be buying through a third party, such as Abes of Maine, and maybe have to pay extra shipping, as well.

Since I have 12-months-same-as-cash account at Amazon, that's probably how I'll go, if I see a deal I like. But you may want to make other choices, depending on your circumstances.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ron-New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow