LX7 in camera adjustment

Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Veducci
Contributing MemberPosts: 791Gear list
Like?
Re: LX7 in camera adjustment
In reply to xjf123richard, Feb 5, 2013

xjf123richard wrote:

I've stepped up from compacts to DSLRs several years ago and loved the results. These days we saw so much advances in the mobile photograph technologies and even a smart phone can take great pictures. So I thought I would give compact camera another try in exchange for convenience.

I recently purchased the LX7 after an extensive comparison within the high-end compacts for technical specs(aperture, zoom ect.). I REALLY HATE the picture came out of it. It's even worse then some of the compact camera I used 5 years ago. The pictures are under-saturated, dull, low contrast, and slightly color-shifted. I searched around and see lots of pictures taken with LX7 has similar problem -- kinda like those low resolution mid 2000s digital cameras -- even in this forum.This should not happen on this kind of sophisticated camera which were meant to be a backup for the professionals.

But I'm not giving it up yet since I know the sensor and lens are all great on this camera, and all there's missing should just be some tweaking on the WB and picture profile controls. So could you guys share some experience with me on this? Which are the settings that can give you the best results?

Thanks a lot.

Post that picture you didn`t like and I bet someone here will tell you what you did wrong.

You don`t  actually believe it was the camera do you?

Veducci's gear list:Veducci's gear list
Fujifilm X-A1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow