Started Feb 5, 2013 | Questions thread
KWEnz
Regular MemberPosts: 214Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about lens product origin
In reply to Nzsunny, Feb 5, 2013

Nzsunny wrote:

Hi,everybody here

After reading tone's of thread here I decide to buy 7d as my 1st DLSR camera. I went to the local parallel importer yesterday and get a good price of nz$2300 for 7d+15-85 IS USM Lens as kit set. I think this will be my all around camera and can meet my need for maybe 5 years long. I quite like the feel of the camera and almost paid before he gave me the lens. The camera is no problem but the 15-85 was in a bubble wrap and in a simple papper box. It is made in taiwan and sells here for nz$865 comparing the normal lens in local shop for about nz$1400-1600. I am a bit worried. Anybody knows about lens from Taiwan? Are they good quality lens? Many thanks for your kind help!

I wouldn't be too concerned about the country of manufacture, assuming it is a genuine Canon lens (lense?). A quick Google search shows that Canon's 15 - 85 IS USM lens is made in Taiwan and, for the price, is one of their better lenses.

The following review should put your mind at rest:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-S-15-85mm-f-3.5-5.6-IS-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

Enjoy your new camera and lens, you've bought a nice combination and should get some great photos with it.

-- hide signature --

Ken

KWEnz's gear list:KWEnz's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow