Using Leica glass

Started Dec 17, 2010 | Discussions thread
bokstaver
Forum MemberPosts: 58
Like?
Re: stuck to someones boot
In reply to MJones, Feb 5, 2013

Old thread? ;^)

I dare you to prove that any of the Leica-R lenses that will not outperform the Nikkor glass. I've bought Leica Summicron-R 50mm f/2, Leitz Wetzlar Summicron-R 1:2/35 mm and the Leitz Elmarit - R 1:2.8/90 mm.

I've had the Nikkor 14-24 f/2.8, Nikon 35mm f/1.4 G and both of Nikkors 50mm, and also the 85mm 1.4g and I've sold all of them for Leica glass, this case R-glass which is really cheap. The reason for this is that the Leica-R glass ive tried is ALOT sharper than the best of Nikkors, and not to mention the Leica-profile you get with all the natural colors and microcontrast which is totally lacking in any Nikkor glass. Im not partial in any way, just test it and you'll see.

There isn't many reviews or comparisons done out there on the internet but there are some for the Summicron-R 50mm and for the 90mm.

So those who haven't tried Leica-R glass on Nikkor body should do it since you can find the lenses pretty cheap on the net and the Leitax adapter is really easy to mount and not expensive.  Second value market for Lenses are also higher than for Nikkor glass

But I'd like to compare the Leica-R 35mm to the latest sigma 35mm 1.4.

Ps: All the Leica-R glass are of the latest serial numbers, that is 90s. ds

Best regards

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow