Started Feb 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SUPERHOKIE
Contributing MemberPosts: 961
Like?
Finally got my hands on a D600 and D800, AND a 6D and 5dIII
Feb 5, 2013

I've been using a D700 for a while now and recently had a chance to play with a D600 and a D800.

D800 just did not feel comfortble in my hand. The way they redesigned the grip and the location of the shutter button just was out of whack. It was very awakward and did not like the feel at all.

D600: no surprises here. A wonderful sensor in a consumer grade body, and like the D800 it did not feel comfortable. One big surprise was how similiar the D600 felt to the D800. I thought the D800 would feel substantially more robust/solid, but not really.

Now, the real surprise was the canon offerings. The 6D just fit my hand like a gove and the controls were more logical and intuitive than the D600. It actually felt more solid than the D600. The 5DIII was a slam dunk as well. Apart from sensor performance, I really liked the body of the 5dIII over the D800. It just feels more refined/intuitive/comfortable than the D800.

I  like my D700 even more than before now that I've tried the D600/D800.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow