sarlo100
Senior MemberPosts: 1,316Gear list
Like?
Re: He was more-or-less okay, until he went off the rails
In reply to macjonny1, Feb 5, 2013

macjonny1 wrote:

mattr wrote:

macjonny1 wrote:

I think what's funny is that often I hear folks that are so pro-m43 they refuse to accept that there is a meaningful difference in the types of images that you can produce with different sensor formats.

I agree, but I would replace "different sensor formats" with "different camera systems" in your statement.

The only reason that cameras with different sensor formats sometimes can produce different types of images are the existing lenses. For example, a mFT camera with a 150/1.4 lens could produce the same types of images as a full frame camera with a 300/2.8 lens.

This simple fact is often lost in these discussions. It is meaningless to be a "full frame sensor size snob". If there is any room for snobbery, it should be for camera/lens systems!

Good point. And maybe there will be someday if the market demands! I'd love a 200mm f/1 in m43 format to replace my 200mm f/2 Nikon!

I can only imagine that kind of beast on something like an E-PM1.

sarlo100's gear list:sarlo100's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS 350D Olympus PEN E-PL1 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow