Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,607
Like?
Re: New Epson r3000 prints darker than old Epson 4000
In reply to Bruce Oudekerk, Feb 5, 2013

Bruce Oudekerk wrote:

jtoolman wrote:

Because I told her to print it letting PS handle color using the correct paper ICC profile and Color Management turned off in the driver. She said it looked lovely.

She printed it correctly without editiing it in PS. As you know these images will print pretty much identical, iredardless of the monitor's calibration eithe using sstandard settings in the driver and not CL in the software, or with CM turned off in the printer driver and letting PS control color and print through an ICC profile matching the Printer, Paper and Inks.

I AM late to the party. LOL I missed where the OP got a good test/evaluation print while letting PS manage the color. That brings us round-robin back to the maladjusted monitor settings. We are now all back on the same page. Thanks.

I hope the OP takes your point to heart…that being… get back to gamma 2.2 and correct the monitor. That’s the REAL starting point as far as I’m concerned and not the 1.8 kludge. Ultimately it all worked out well in that the R3000 is functioning perfectly. It’s a great printer with exceptional output.

The R3000 was alwasy working correctly as most of us prety well knew it was.``

Is the OP still using the 4000? If so, that’s going to cause issues.

Not sure about the 4000's current status.

Bruce

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow