Forum ProPosts: 32,415Gear list
Like?
Re: In on the Panasonic G3 deal
In reply to mfj197, Feb 5, 2013

mfj197 wrote:

RedDog Steve wrote:

mfj197 wrote:

tt321 wrote:

True. But with certain lenses with very shallow DoF or weird field curvature, it's better to set the focus point to the correct final position, which is very easy with the G3 either through the touch screen or the keypad.

Yes, that's the way I work with wide lenses - set the focus point to where you want it in the frame. However the poster above wanted to lock exposure, then lock focus, then trip the shutter - this can be done by using the half-press of the shutter release whether you recompose or have the focus point set where you finally want it. If you don't want to hold on to the half-pressed shutter release (waiting for a long time for instance) then I guess it's a bit more problematic. You could do it by focussing and then knocking the camera into manual focus I suppose.

Michael

Micheal, your earlier reply works as described on my GX1, (exposure hold, then shutter focus) no reason the same can't be true of the newer camera.

Is there a "one shot" focus that can be applied in manual focus ?
This would also be a solution, I know my LX5 can do one-shot focus in manual.

rd

You mean on the G3? I don't think so, and I'm afraid I've left the ranks of G3 users so can't pore over the camera menus to find out! I don't recall a one-shot focus option though.

They all have it ... I just tested it on my GF3 ... you can set the fn button to AEL and then compose and shoot to your heart's content.

Of course, you can always shoot in M mode too ... that way you cut out the middle man. Set your exposure for the light and fire away ...

Kim Letkeman's gear list:Kim Letkeman's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 990 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Fujifilm FinePix F770EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow