What Second Monitor for Lightroom?

Started Jan 31, 2013 | Discussions thread
VT
VT
Regular MemberPosts: 412
Like?
Re: What Second Monitor for Lightroom?
In reply to Pelagic, Feb 5, 2013

Caveat I am a a noob in comparison to the responding posters giving great advice (that I have been hungrily and gratefully reading in this thread)

If I may give a little input for the budget - near bottom of the line IPS monitors -

Some recent monitors have started to have a sRGB preset mode - which set a "factory calibrated" sRGB mode - in addition some monitors also claim 100% sRGB gamut.

Doing a google on IPS 100% sRGB finds a few monitors - and at the budget end (<$200)

Asus PB238Q - 23" 1920x1080, IPS, 100% sRGB gamut, and sRGB Preset Mode.

ViewSonic VX2270Smh-LED - 22" (21.5" viewable) 1920x1080, AH-IPS, 100% sRGB gamut, and sRGB Preset Mode.

ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED - 23" 1920x1080, AH-IPS, 100% sRGB gamut and sRGB Preset Mode.

Personally I like the idea of AH-IPS as that is the panel technology used in those new high pixel density smartphones - and LG claims that AH-IPS has been certified by InterTek as color accurate - this means that AH-IPS is intrinsically more color accurate, than any other budget IPS panel.

So my preference and purchase was the ViewSonic VX2270Smh-LED.

But this cannot be easily mounted vertically - whereas the Asus PB238Q has VESA mounting to allow for vertical mounting even on the supplied stand.

Hope that helps a little from the budget end perspective.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow